First board! Which fin setup?

So, i finally shaped my own board!

Its 6’7 x 22 x 3, beaked nose and shallow diamond tail with a single to double v in the tail! 4 1/8 nose rocker and 2" tail.
50/50 full rails with a n extra band off the deck
I chose to do a tint and lap cut in the hope to leaarn a little more a little quicker!

My hope with this board was to help me get out the back on the heavier days, and get me in early on 2-6’ cornish waves. I wantes the extra volume to keep the paddle easy but with the hope of more top to bottom feel than my 7’ egg.

Anyway the process has been interesting and only a few issues to really cause a problem. I needed to blend the deck out just a little more, you cant aee it but just feel a slight edge on my toe side of the deck.
There was a small air bubble near the nose in the deck lap.
Rail isnt down for the long enough in the tail ( does that even make sence?)
And the major issue i had - laminating the deck i just didnt have enough heat and the deck lam became a little thick and uneven coulour wise. No problem with it being soft or un mixed but i had to do way more sanding (epoxy and 6oz glass) and visulaly its not as good as id hoped

Just the fins and gloss coat to do now

Lessons learnt, the next board will be all good!

So what fins set up do you all think i should go for? I was initally thinking 4+1 for versatility but perhaps single fin???

Good looking board!
4+1 would be my choice

Thanks ChrisP! I think your right. Sadly i have a soft spot for single fins and keep having the urge to do a glass on! But 4+1 is definitely practical!

Managed to get a gloss coat on and sanded back today. Went to 1000grit, and kind of like it

Two plus One. 10 1/2" box will give you some adjustment to play with. Four plus One is OK, but since you are into Singles; A single box and a couple of side bites would work great on a template like that. Use a flex center fin. 7—8 inch. I liike the Andrenni that Rainbow makes. Not as vertical as the Greenoughs.

I ended up getting the 4+1

Only ridden as a quad so far, found it a bit quick to start with, but after a few waves and a bit of adjustingy stance it worked really well.

Ive invested in a 7" Beyond volan fin and a pair of sidebites. A few people mentioned as ita quite narrow it may worl better as a 2+1 so fingers crossed!

One thing im really happy with is how easy it is to paddle. It glides

Looks good from over here… Congrats!!

Look awesome mate, fins look great.

Looks really good Bill, specially if that’s your first. Great job on the cut laps too. I always recommend new shapers to forget the color as it usually turns out “messy”. I think that your pick on fins & lay-out were the right one. One suggestion on the next one. Run your extra tail layer up at least 2" past where your front fins are. After this board, you will have a good idea where your fins are going so you can lay them out on the blank before glassing. Take good notes on this board as to how much rocker you ended up with after glassing, and changes you would make if you were making a copy, and what you did right for your surfing style. Notes are extremely important as we all forget quite often and tend to repeat mistakes! Again, great job, and just my 2c… (or in your case, 2p… LOL)

Thanks all. I appreciate the feedback!

The cut lap really had me nervous but its the prep where the work is challenging for me.

I realy did mess up on the fin patch! For the next board ill mark up the fin boxes and go from there. I also bought some volan!