Fish Fin Placement Options?

5’9" fish, 20-3/4 wide. Fins - 7-8 inches up from pins?? Futures boxes.

How wide is the tail? Distance between tips? Depth of butt crack? Tons of fish fin placement in the archives, too. Mike

Quote:

How wide is the tail? Distance between tips? Depth of butt crack? Tons of fish fin placement in the archives, too. Mike

Tail - 17"

Tips - 12"

Depth of butt crack, haven’t cut it yet. Tail thickness is on the thin side. Wanted more “dig” on turns.

…and you gotta describe the fins you are using, eh?

9" base keels require different trailing edge placement than standard shaped fins.

standard futures

My experience is the future twins on a wide tailed fish slips a bit too much for my taste. Unless you like that feel I would go with wide based keel fins. I get more drive and hold with my keel fishes.Mike

Quote:

My experience is the future twins on a wide tailed fish slips a bit too much for my taste. Unless you like that feel I would go with wide based keel fins. I get more drive and hold with my keel fishes.Mike

I’m also using a center stablizing fin.

You are adding too many variables for anyone to answer with experience.

As Rooster said…futures is new ground.

Trailer determines placement of sidefins also…size, location, shape.

Hi this board sounds almost the same as mine i set the back of my keels (8x5) just under 8" from my swallow tips (which had a 6" deep swallow) 1 1/3" from the rail and 2" toe outside of the nose with 4 deg of cant. works perfectly lovely and smooth through big round house cutbacks…im still trying to get the thing to spin out !!! the harder i push the faster i get back to the pocket…Nice!!

Sorry, Lee777.

Still, future box might not be a keel fin, eh?

And 220 never described exactly which fin for the sides, and which for the trailer.

8 x 5 works great for you at 8", but what’s his fin config?

Quote "Still, future box might not be a keel fin, eh? "

My bad!! missed the futres bit , a little fish without keels ?? an outrage!! :slight_smile:

Here’s an option-

Here on the east coast I get all my Lokboxs from RDI and have ask about the keel fins for this system. They are a Rainbow fin distributor but seem clueless on this fin. Where are you guys getting yours?

You’ll have to get the Lokbox fish fins (this template, or the Rainbow template or the curved “Turbo” template, or the Pavel Canard Quad fins) through the West Coast Rainbow office.

I’d like to add once again how stoked I am with this fin. The picture is my brother’s board.