Fish

I’ve got a 6’0"R blank that I want to make a fish out of but I have no numbers. I was thinking around 5’10" Nose around 14" Mid point 20" tail 18". Dose that sound like it would for a decent fish. Any help is much appreciated.

I’ve got a 6’0"R blank that I want to make a fish out of but I have > no numbers. I was thinking around 5’10" Nose around 14" Mid > point 20" tail 18". Dose that sound like it would for a decent > fish. Any help is much appreciated. You would have to define what you are calling a Fish. The blank you have lends itself to a “modern Fish” with more rocker than the originals. You may want to re think your dimensions, again on what you’re trying to achieve. The nose of 14 is probably too narrow, the wide point should be a bit wider than 20, the tail a bit narrower. 18 is pretty wide. Most shapers have their favorite dimensions. My preference is more toward the early fishes with flat rockers and keel fins. Once you start getting away from this design, you start getting more into the wide shortboard with a swallow tail category or a late 70’s twin fin. Good luck with your board! aloha, tom

You would have to define what you are calling a Fish. The blank you have > lends itself to a “modern Fish” with more rocker than the > originals. You may want to re think your dimensions, again on what you’re > trying to achieve. The nose of 14 is probably too narrow, the wide point > should be a bit wider than 20, the tail a bit narrower. 18 is pretty wide. > Most shapers have their favorite dimensions. My preference is more toward > the early fishes with flat rockers and keel fins. Once you start getting > away from this design, you start getting more into the wide shortboard > with a swallow tail category or a late 70’s twin fin.>>> Good luck with your board!>>> aloha, tom …I agree with tom,if you plan on making a tri-fin job,here’s some #s for you. 15n x 20 x 15t, tips at 7", swallow 2" deep,wide point at dead zero center.Herb

…I agree with tom,if you plan on making a tri-fin job,here’s some > #s for you. 15n x 20 x 15t, tips at 7", swallow 2" deep,wide > point at dead zero center.Herb Again, like Tom said, you have to define Fish… but if your talking modern fish: I made one out of a 6’0" R as well, it came out just shy of six, with the nose a little narrower than Herbs spec. 2.25 thick with a thin foil, some serious concave to double under the tail. Although it really is a wide shortboard, I’m an exclusively shortboard rider and I think this is the most enjoyable board I’ve ever ridden… but maybe that’s because I built it.