Fixing Tail delam

Hi guys, I’m looking at fixing up a tail delam on an old board and after any tips. My plan is to stick it down and reshape the tail but I’m just not sure what to use to stick it down. Resin? Glue? Any help would be great. Cheers.

Heres a pic of the tail

I would carefully cut the delam fiberglass off back to the good area, with a utility knife or a dremel tool, then mix up a thick paste with resin and thickener, seal and shape the damaged raw foam, then re-glass it.  Feather the edge of the old glass as best you can, and overlap the new glass a little.  Probably a couple layers of new glass.  That’s just my 2 cents’ worth.

Thanks huck, would that leave a colour difference between the new and old glass?

Yeah, based on the one pic I could say pretty confidently its never gonna be a beauty contest winner anyway.

Depending on your skill level you could add some faux “patina” with paint (as I did on the newly shaped blank below) or resin tint, but if you’re not confident about it I wouldn’t even bother, just concentrate on getting a functional, strong, water-tight repair.

From the looks of that board, color mismatches should be the least of your worries. That’s much more than a simple “delam”.

I agree with Huck. Cut away the garbage parts and start over.