Florida

I will be in Florida late January – unfortunately I will be on business at a place called Marco Island – I believe to be far from any surf. If any of you Floridians know of surf within a few hrs drive of Marco Island please let me know. I am not looking for local spots, just to get wet. Thanks.

I will be in Florida late January – unfortunately I will be on business > at a place called Marco Island – I believe to be far from any surf. If > any of you Floridians know of surf within a few hrs drive of Marco Island > please let me know. I am not looking for local spots, just to get wet. > Thanks. Your biggest longboard: bring it.

I will be in Florida late January – unfortunately I will be on business > at a place called Marco Island – I believe to be far from any surf. If > any of you Floridians know of surf within a few hrs drive of Marco Island > please let me know. I am not looking for local spots, just to get wet. > Thanks. Your best bet is about an hour drive to the North on captiva island. Cold fronts sweeping across the gulf occasionallly turn the place on, but it is pretty hard to get it good. I spent a couple years in Fort Myers and Surfing the central Florida gulf coast will keep you very in tune with surf conditions. If nothing else but for the simple fact, that when it does get good, it doesn’t last long. When you take the bridge to Sanibel island, Captiva island is the next island up. The first turn on the island has a spot called blind pass. It has a small jetty. You will see it on your left. Good luck. http://content.surfline.com/sw/content/mag/shapers/forum/ham_print.jsp

i live in delray beach on the east coast.marco is on the west coast. takes about 2hrs to get to the east coast across alligator alley. once across youll need to head north the farther north the better chance youll have of finding waves. hopfully youll time your arrival with a cold front. juno pier has been catching the n.e. swells the best lately. hope this helps.