Foam colour fun. One way to make a crap blank look pretty

I coloured two 4 degree ones and a single 8 degree one , instead of two 8 degree ones so there is a stray white one in the board, damn it.
hahahah

Hey man, appreciate the conversation and questions, and the positive feedback is sick. I typed a big response but then got distracted, did some other stuff and it dissapeared.

The general out line is based on something buy album surfboards. I projected a pic up on a wall. Then adjusted the x and y axis in word picture format until it matched he desired dimensions. I was aiming for 5’5” by 19.5 but it’s ended up about 5’4 5/8” just to be difficult.
I put in a pic of the album board and my cardboard template. The coolest thing was that Matt Parker from album said some nice things about my shape in istagram…

I think the heal side would be around 5’3” give or take.

The tow is a general twin set up. Shapers mark about 170 from the tail. 4mm toe in.
The heal side was supposed to be based on the gearbox set up developed by robin mair. (The same as the quad in the red one) But I think it put the front quad box too far forward by 1/4 inch or so. I’m not used to imperial. But I’m gunna have to go with it. But shhhhhh don’t tell anyone.

It’s meant to be that way. Really it is!!!

No worries mate. I really do like the red and yellow color matching and wanted to make sure that you know that the extra effort is seen and looks great.
The ability to either contrast or match the covers to the board is a huge plus with the Gearbox system, especially on boards with bold artwork and/or wooden skins.

It’s not an error, it’s a feature haha. Happy accidents make some of the best boards. Seeing the inspiration for your outline after looking at your result, I’d say you hit your mark. I appreciate the details. I love Matt’s boards, or at least what I’ve seen of them. I’m thinking of something fishy for my next shape and had tossed the idea around of making it asymmetrical. I’m on the East coast of the USA so we definitely don’t have many point breaks around my neck of the woods. Shortening up the heel rain for a little quicker response backside seems like a no brainer in the smaller beach break waves I spend most of my time in.

I’d love to hear your thoughts after getting that one in the water. Keep it coming!

Looks like I get access to my mates glassing bay next week.

WHO’s PUMPED!!!

Me

GGGGRRRRRAAAARRREGGGHHHHHH!!!
Let me at em!!!

FROTH!!!

Glassing the red one today, pics to come.
One word

POP!!!

Finished, a bit sexy if I do say so myself.
Cept for the one fin box that didn’t get colour matched. (Don’t ask)

Never did post a pic of the finished red and yellow board in this thread.

Yeah the heel side fins looked way to far forward when I did mine but it works real well. Asymm tips from Donald Brink, http://www.brinksurf.com/board-models/ smaller fins on the heel side, I didnt mean to test this to the extreme but, shapers smalls on my heel side are ok…

Donald is a hell man, i have one of his asyms.