Foam Stain: Amount of resin for 11'?

I finished shaping my 11’ board. I am considering doing a foam stain on the bottom and rails. I have read through the archives. Found out that this can be achieved by acrylic paint and or pigmented resin. I am opting for the resin since I want to avoid delam.

I watched the FiberglassHawaii video on foam stain and I believe I am going to follow, although the beginning of the vid is silence.
I plan on using white, blue, green and yellow pigments. I figure I’ll kick each individual color off in its own cup, dump on board then squeegee off.

Does anyone have a general idea as to how much resin I should use on the bottom and rails for a 11’ longboard? Any recommendations? Thanks!

I always use more resin that I know I need, which is a waste, but much better than not having enough and possibly screwing up. That said, I am ready to do a foam stain myself. I know I need to use pigment, but can tints and colorants be used just the same, or will I be using the wrong stuff? I would assume the tints and colorants might make it opaque or be able to see some foam and assuming the pigment will fully color the foam.
Looking forward to some of the seasoned builders answers!

I’ve done few foam stains, no expert at all, but yes use more than you think. For 11’ I’d probably mix up at least 32 oz per side. If your doing a swirl, plan on using even more. Yes you can use tints or whatever you usually color your resin with. Wouldn’t you always be able to see foam unless you pigment your lam?

I’d use about 20 oz total but too much is better than not enough. Make sure you catalyze all the colors evenly! That isassumuming you are just coating the blank and plan to lam as a separate step. If you are lamming a layer of 6 oz at the same time, a bit over a quart, and some clear on top as a flood coat is pretty typical.

Thanks guys. The board came out awesome. I will plan on using a little more than a quart.

Yes I’m just going to coat the board. I will lam in a seperate step. I am more comfortable doing it that way.