Foamless board

Hey there shapers. I’ve had this idea for quite some time now, and I just wanna hear what you experienced guys think about it. I wonder if it’s possible to build a surfboard without a foam core. Theoretically it should be possible if you make a silicone mold of the top and bottom, cover it on the inside with a very strong cloth (Kevlar, carbon, spectra, dyneema etc.) and cover it with a thin layer of epoxy. It would probably need a couple of stringers and a number of crossed lammaellas to support. The benefit from all this work should be a very lightweight and strong (but not flexible) board. Anyone have any comments?? I’m sorry about my bad langauge but I’m from Denmark - hope you understand the principle… -Hans

.,…He’s been thru the ropes with foamless boards for a good while now.A master of his own skills, unparalleled in quality.Herb …ps.Paul, thanks for the backs on LB NET.never been to that site until someone informed me of certain events.And if you snow ski with me, who ever you are, you’d better stay out of my way.Herb

I’ve made hollow boards since July ‘02…Six so far…The most recent boards, the only ones I surf these days, are hollow carbon fiber/wood boards…I could go into a lot of detail here, but if you click the link, there’s a whole lot more details there… I’m happy to answer any questions you might have… PaulJensen (I’m Danish too…!!!) http://www.hollowsurfboards.com

Paul, Beautiful work of art! SteveA