For you side hustlers

So I build boards as my side hustle.  I’m a telecommunications engineer/devops engineer as my regular gig.  It takes me 2 weeks, end-to-end to build a board.  I do a little each day.  It’s a great distraction from my day job and provides a relaxing outlet.  IMO, better than putting away the better part of a six pack.  I do about 8 boards per year because it gets too cold in my shop/garage for resin to setup properly for about 6 months of the year.

For you side hustlers: How long does it take you to build a board?

Typically two weekends but I’ve also shaped on Saturday morning and glassed and sanded by the end of the day on Sunday.  UV Cure Poly is magic.  I’ve glassed with no problem with the temps outside in the upper 30s.

I’ve done a couple - shaped and glassed in the same day clear poly. 

Most boards take me a few weeks - a few months depending on the board. I usually have 2-4 projects going at the same time. I don’t worry about time and if someone wants me to make them a board, they take as long as they take and they cost what they cost. I don’t build them for needed income, certainly not undercutting other builders to make a quick buck. 

Two days to shape rout out fin boxes and foam stain blank , one day to glass and install boxes etc ,  (I only use epoxy ) , one day for fill coat , than I usually park the board for a few days or more to cure/harden , one day to sand and gloss coat , one day to sand , add pin lines and any other bits n pieces , so total about 6 days .

str-8 balling!!

I made 1 in 2 weeks start to end… the rest take 4-6 weeks .take my time and do alot of glass on keels. 

usally buy 2 of things when I get a custom order. 1 for them and 1 for me

on # 58 

all with resin research/ last few with bio RR

self tought with much info from swaylocks and greenlight video