forget digital, make it count

Hey there ol’mates, it’s been a while. hope everyone is well.

I don’t know how things are in your neck of the woods, but, it seems like things are turning a corner in the surfboard industry down here in Australia, In particular, for small time shapers like myself. 

People are keen to support their local shapers… From what i can tell anyway.

Country bumpkin shaping at home… It’s good to bring work home sometimes.

hope ya like my vid.

https://youtu.be/85S6Q5pMj6g

…hey mate; kind of metamorphosis due to you looks different than some stuff that you posted years ago…

Anyway; I have questions regarding the clip and proposition:

-with what type of camera did you recorded?

I have a good Fujifilm photo camera that takes video but when I tried the archives are kind of obscure format that I cannot reproduce in an editing software.

What editing software? The process is somewhat easy?

-Regarding music; I bought a pocket recorded. What about to make some music in the distance?

-Do not forget to use the wall racks as one plane not two planes…

Cheers

yep, shaved my head and stuck it on my lip - hair is a curse haha.

2 cameras,

a cheep shitty 8 year old handy cam, and a go pro 4

‘imovie’ software is super easy and free. 3 nights before bed to edit it.

I recorded the music with ‘garage band’ software,  I played a few guitar tracks and layered em over a drum track. 

… wall racks need 2 planes I think.

awesome to hear. and that board looks like it`ll work real good :slight_smile:

Nice! 

I like to watch people from other places shape boards because as much as the internet has connected people, I still think there are regional shaping techniques and things you see people in certain places do that you just wouldn’t see elseware. 

yeah man

Some serious V in that. Looks great!

Thanks for posting that. I learned to pick up the board and and check shadows from the side lights. Thank you. Mike

I guess it’s not really a clip to learn from, ya know.

Just made it for fun really.

Yah gotta watch the pro’s if you want to learn. Thanks again. Mike

Humbled, I kinda thought you may have been giving me a ribbing ha either way Mike, cheers.

Here’s the vid in case anybody wants to watch it here on Sways. Did you use epoxy on that board?

Aw dang, nevermind. Yorky set it up so it can’t be watched on other websites. 

mmm so i did, I don’t know how I set it up that way, Ijust copy pasted the ‘address’ onto here, anyway…

Nope this was a pu board.

It’s .goes ok, to loose and small for me. Also to much vee out the tail, I can really feel it, sort of a bit of a break ha, The board was a real mash, just through together curves and had a dig.