Found: Morey-Pope Flextail

Found in a trashcan in WA State… 6’4"x 19.5" Morey Pope & Co… Flex Tail …S Deck … Reverse S in flex tail… Sanded Finish… Needs fin… Shaper:McTavish… Any info on this relic/missing link???..

Found in a trashcan in WA State… 6’4"x 19.5" Morey Pope & > Co… Flex Tail …S Deck … Reverse S in flex tail… Sanded Finish… > Needs fin… Shaper:McTavish…>>> Any info on this relic/missing link???.. I’m 99% certain this board was made by Bob McTavish in Ventura in 1970. It was right at the end of the Morey/Pope era, and McTavish had left for Australia before the board was finished. It was sold through the Morey Pope shop on Front Avenue in Ventura unsanded and untuned. It was purchased by Ross Cave, finished, and ridden at Rincon and La Conchita Point. A great find!

Found in a trashcan in WA State… 6’4"x 19.5" Morey Pope & > Co… Flex Tail …S Deck … Reverse S in flex tail… Sanded Finish… > Needs fin… Shaper:McTavish…>>> Any info on this relic/missing link???.. If it’s the flextail I’m thinking of, it has a deep displacement hull under the nose, and the nose is pointed, rather than full and round. The tail was a fairly wide arc tail.

Found in a trashcan in WA State… 6’4"x 19.5" Morey Pope & > Co… Flex Tail …S Deck … Reverse S in flex tail… Sanded Finish… > Needs fin… Shaper:McTavish…>>> Any info on this relic/missing link???.. Hey Paul- wanna sell it? I just talked to someone who is 99.9% sure he knows exactly what board that is.He may respond soon.By the way, is it in decent shape?Do you know who’s trash it came from?(might be original owner)thaqnks. Matt

Hey Paul thats a cool find can you post a photo of it.That was a creative time at the MP factory Richie West and Mike Cundith worked there,and Paul Gross,right after that Cundith and West started up Wilderness.Also how is the flex tail done?

Hey Paul thats a cool find can you post a photo of it.That was a creative > time at the MP factory Richie West and Mike Cundith worked there,and Paul > Gross,right after that Cundith and West started up Wilderness.Also how is > the flex tail done? Thanks Paul for post this. I will have pic’s tomrrow to post. It’s the board there thinkingit is. It has the full hull bottom it was painted red at one time.I sure need to get a temp for the fin. The board was covered in white paint on the deck and the bottm had some gray boat bottom paint. It was sealed from the sun it’s still clear volan. The bottom was beat bad. I knew it had hit the rocks at rincon? I will have it on my website tomrrow. surfnwsc.com. I’m stoked and plan to build one just for fun and see how close i can come. Rob

Thanks Paul for post this. I will have pic’s tomrrow to post. It’s the > board there thinkingit is. It has the full hull bottom it was painted red > at one time.I sure need to get a temp for the fin. The board was covered > in white paint on the deck and the bottm had some gray boat bottom paint. > It was sealed from the sun it’s still clear volan. The bottom was beat > bad. I knew it had hit the rocks at rincon? I will have it on my website > tomrrow. surfnwsc.com. I’m stoked and plan to build one just for fun and > see how close i can come. Rob any idea who had the board previously to finding it in the trash?? it would be kinda cool to trace back it’s history and travels from ground zero on front street, Ventura to Washington.