French hand shaper...

Vac bag mode

Use for setting up fins. This build I only place my boxes 1/2 pie hole opening from rail.

SKUL 100 does it all as noted in the rail cutting attachment mode.

Does everything and more.

like the others above said, it’s interesting how he laminated the peelply wet & then peeled it off after drying. I’m surprised how easy it seemed to remove after set.

I learned how to build compsands (and I admit I’m no expert) from the Tom Sullivan Vac Bagging a windsurf board tape years ago & his method was using the peelply dry to absorb the excess epoxy. It’s been a few years since I last built a compsand, but I remember having an extremely difficult time getting the peelply off (some spots would be wetter & didn’t want to release).

I remember buying it from Fiberglass Hawaii, maybe the quality is better now. I’ve been thinking about building another compsand. I think I’ll go back and search the archives. Ithink there should be quite a few posts on the subject.

peelply for use with epoxy is treated so it will not bond to epoxy. nylon material from the fabric barn is not intened to be used with epoxy for a no bond release. I have seen and read the horror stories. Have never had the problem with the econoply J 1.6oz from

http://www.fiberglasssupply.com/product_catalog/vacuum_bagging/vacuum_bagging.html

I have never tried this but it is my understanding I could leave real peel ply on for months or years and it will come off as easy when fresh out of the bag.

safety first

very useful in my opinion.

deburrer  and drill bit storage for Pete casica’s awesome gortex vents.

Hard days work for the skul 100. Filler coat sanded and ready for final coat. No looking back now. 

That will do skul 100…that will do.

You’re killing me, bb30.  I have got to have a skul 100 now.  Mike

Thanks, this thread taught me more than I have learned in the last few years I reckon.   Its always good to see some new ideas without having to argue or complain about surf schools and politics.  Darren

Still coming back for more over a decade later.  I always imagined that I would have had it all figured out by now.  

Does anyone know what special sauce he was using to seal the blank? 

It is right at about 22:43. It is a pasty like substance. I imagine it is epoxy mixed with something?

I would think qcell, but never tried so wasn’t sure if qcell would make it too opaque.

Otherwise great video and music choice.

I believe the caption translates to ‘resin and silica’ which is your basic home made epoxy bog/putty mix.

It’s colloïdale silica, you call it here cab-o-sil. Had enough un resin to make a past, easy to spread glue fiber on and lam over. It’s “the old” way funboard shapers go on EPS foam, and still go to way for lam on porous material in industrie.

Thanks!