Futures Vector Force Fins. Puzzled,Mystified,Bamboozled!

Hello,

We don’t have these fins in the UK yet so I was going to import some from on line. However I am not sure I am understanding what is available correctly.

The Futures Website seems to be suggesting that for every template there is a VFF 0 degree, a VFF 3 degree and a VFF 6 degree, i.e. three different versions. However every website that offers these fins makes no mention of this so I am doubting my interpretation.

I have emailed Futures and recieved no reply.

Please shed some light.

Thanks

I believe there is only one template that has the 0/3/6 option. I am useing the 3’s now and really like the way my board rides, though my board has a few new experiments on it and I’m not sure if it’s the fins or somehting else. I have had poor success with emailing Futures directly too. If you email the online retailers of Futures fins they would probably be more helpful, seeing as they stand to make a buck from you.

Thanks,

I was a bit worried that I had asked a dumb question with 43 views of my question before an answer. What template are you using and on what board? I am enjoying the JC1 on a 6ft thruster and have ordered the medium flex black tips for a new 6’3" rounded pin.I shall mail all the retailers I can.

Back in early 04 I spoke with someone from Futures who told me to disregard the 0/3/6 degree diagram on the website as it no longer applied. He also said that the website would was being redesigned and woud be up and running “anyday”.

I believe there are jus 3 or 4 vector styles to choose from with maybe the option of a fiberglass model of the same foils as well.

I’m aware of, and have tested three basic Vector models: VF437, VF460, and the 3/2 VF467. The 437 and 460 seem to be just the inside foil (concave) with the 460 being longer. The 467 is the one with the bend near the tip. Each I tried were of their ceramic-type construction. It personally didn’t do anything for me. I’d be open to trying the fiberglass models.

Thanks everyone for the information.

Futures just emailed with this reply

Quote:

The vector fins are available in three different templates. F4, FJC!, and 467.  The F4, and FJC1 are both 0 degree. The 467 is consider a 3 degree because of the bend and twist.  It's a little confusing but don't mike the degree up with cant.  There will be more templates to come and new fin materials around March 1st.