Glasser wanted - Victoria, Australia

My fish experiment is progressing and in about 1 week or so, it will be time to glass my board. As this is my first board and I have little experience with glassing, I was intending to get the glassing done by somebody with some experience.

Does anybody know of a good glasser in the Torquay / Geelong / Melbourne area that may be able to help out? I’ve been to a few places around Torquay and the ball park rate I am being quoted is $300. (Cost takes it through to finish and I’m supplying the glass-on fins). I’m not really keen on paying that much for the glassing as it blows the cost of my board out the window. I’m not necessarily after a perfect job, so if anybody knows of a glasser / glassing contractor in the area that would be able to assist at a reasonable cost, let me know.

Also, if there is anybody on here that is in the area, has a bit of glassing experience and may want to help out let me know also. I’m happy to compensate you for your efforts and you will have the unique experience of being involved in the fish experiment :slight_smile: I’ll even get you onto my website :slight_smile:

-Cam

http://www.geocities.com/thefishexperiment

Hi Cam,

If your not necessarily after a perfect glass job then you should dive in and glass it yourself. Materials would probably cost around $70-$120AUD depending on the glassing schedule etc.

If you have watched Glassing 101 & read plenty on Swaylocks then there shouldn’t be any glassing mistake that would ruin the board. Also, then you would do a better job on number 2 & 3 &…

If you could get a glasser to look over your shoulder it would be beneficial but I know that there is enough info around to do a good job even on your first try.

Kind Regards,

Matt.

you should be paying around 180 to 200 and 30 for a polish.

Did you find a glasser in Torquay/Geelong