glassing mask

do you need a certain type of mask when dealing with poly. resin? i bought a mask today, it has the detachable cartridges. it said it was made for paint and pesticides, and was for fiberglass. wasn’t sure if they meant for cloth, not resin. what do you guys use?

do you need a certain type of mask when dealing with poly. resin? i bought > a mask today, it has the detachable cartridges. it said it was made for > paint and pesticides, and was for fiberglass. wasn’t sure if they meant > for cloth, not resin. what do you guys use? Look for something that’s rated for “organic vapors”.

Look for something that’s rated for “organic vapors”. I use the 3M Respirator- 6000 series http://www.surfsource.net/Manufacturing/Protection%20Supplies/protectionsupplies.htm

I use the 3M Respirator- 6000 series First board I used those cheap mask… Not worth it!! Get a good resporator at least like 3M 6000 Series Respirator as previously suggested. It can be used with with 3M 6100 Organic Vapor Cartridges and 3M 2071 P95 Particulate Filter. Picked mine up at http://www.fiberglasssupply.com/Product_Catalog/Safety_Hygiene/safety_hygiene.html

All good responses! I spend 7 to 9 hours a day in a 3M 6000 series mask.They are light and comfy (for a mask) and you can get dust filters for them for shaping and sanding.

All good responses! I spend 7 to 9 hours a day in a 3M 6000 series > mask.They are light and comfy (for a mask) and you can get dust filters > for them for shaping and sanding. The 3M 6000 is what I use,not to expensive ( not that price matters when it comes to safety),light weight, and works great. Aloha, Kokua

The 3M 6000 is what I use,not to expensive ( not that price matters when > it comes to safety),light weight, and works great. Aloha, Kokua I’m not sure about the 3m filters but the filters I have come in a sealed container and have a limited amount of time in wich they work. Keep 'm in the box and they wil last longer then when they’re exposed. Working with old filters is the same as working without any is wat they told me. Peter Rijk.

I’m not sure about the 3m filters but the filters I have come in a sealed > container and have a limited amount of time in wich they work. Keep 'm in > the box and they wil last longer then when they’re exposed. Working with > old filters is the same as working without any is wat they told me. Peter > Rijk. When I’m not wearing my mask I keep it in a sealed ziplock bag. If you leave your mask just laying around it will keep filtering the air and shorten it usage time.Aloha, Kokua