glassing

I am thinking about glassing a board with a resin tint acid wash on the deck with a cut lap on the bottom.The bottom will be free lap with a resin pin.In other words I am going “ass backwards” on the glass job.Seems like we used to do this way back when but I forget the details…what do you say Guys?

I am thinking about glassing a board with a resin tint acid wash on the > deck with a cut lap on the bottom.The bottom will be free lap with a resin > pin.In other words I am going “ass backwards” on the glass > job.Seems like we used to do this way back when but I forget the > details…what do you say Guys? I say you might end up with a really wide pin! If you do it let me know, I’d love to watch.

cleanlines: I’m guessing that the “freelap” is really a free hand cut lap? I’ve always wanted to do either a reverse lap like this or a color inlay inside the cutlap. In other words a cutlap with an 2nd color panel on the opposite side. Tint or opaque. Would you first do your top or bottom lamination with the cutlap. Cleanline, on your board do the top lamination first, wrapping lap to the bottom. Still has to be taped off, right? or if a lighter color than the bottom lamination no big deal? The cutlap is free hand (no tape line) but maybe a little cheater tool with a razor blade to keep it neat. My question is this. If you are doing a 2nd color opaque or tint panel do you use one layer of cloth with color and come back and do a second layer of clear lam and cloth that is wrapped to the opposing side? Somehow you’ve got to cover the cutlap/color panel meet point. Thanks. Tom S.>>> I am thinking about glassing a board with a resin tint acid wash on the > deck with a cut lap on the bottom.The bottom will be free lap with a resin > pin.In other words I am going “ass backwards” on the glass > job.Seems like we used to do this way back when but I forget the > details…what do you say Guys?

cleanlines: …Are you talking about a reverse-lap glass job?Herb

…Are you talking about a reverse-lap glass job?Herb Yes I think that is a good name for it.I am going to tape off the bottom for a cut lap and just glass the deck firswith a full wrap…I will cut the lap and then glass the bottom as normal using free lap 6oz silene. Nothing really special here just doing the deck tints first.Hope I made myself more clear on this…thanks for the input guys.

Tuna I will be glad to help you with the pinline deal(it will cost you lunch). How is that little Hitach paner holding out?