glider foam Millineum 12 2 P

The New Year will have a board in it for my personal use.
Sold my 10-6 this summer, so I was looking at (large) blanks, I like the USB 11 2 D
I did notice this…
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdQGDJhn2Uq/?hl=en&taken-by=millenniumfoam
Anyone know more on dis?
Don’t laff kiddies…
let me inject, at my age I don’t have many waves left.
I have lost a fair number of buddies
who checked out doing what they loved.
Jealous as hell!
The Ranch now has defibrillators, shit! We are dropping like flies.
The worst is hearing from your Doc
“You have caught your last wave”.
Well I guess I am lucky…
Don’t feel sorry for us Ol’Pharts, just stay the hell outta our way.

Bro!!
Looking forward to this one!
I will be taking notes - I’m right there behind you.

I didn’t know that Millenium had blown a new 12’ 2"; Up to now, the really long gliders I have made were out of the 12’ 3" Burford blank. Can’t wait to try this one, too…

Hadn’t heard about Thant one. Last ones I heard about were the “P” Series, which are all fantastic blanks. If you don’t get some feed back on it; I’ll ask them about it next week when I am picking up down there. Seems to me though that an EPS Blank from Marko would make more sense for that kind of length. You don’t wanna have to use a hand truck to get it from your yuppieville rig down to the sand/waters edge. Lowel

“Yuppieville rig” lol!!

That looks like a clean close tolerance blank. Does anyone know if that stringer is in place as the blank was molded? Pretty sure all the rest slice blank and glue stringer(s) after molding.

I did see that one.

I also noticed that it appears to come out of the module with a stringer?

My guess is that blank was put back in the mold after stringer installation for photo purposes on the Instagram site.

OMG!
Shit man my old 10-6 fit inside my ride, no Yuppie crap here.
And yeah lowell the hand truck is the subliminal here.
weight and width are indeed the issue
I think USB will blow a 11-33 D in red foam…
so I can keep my ride…
Just really thinking if Millienum will blow the 12-2. in yellow I may need a new ride!
Honestly from what I can see, I think John Mellor said it.
And sure looks like a “close tolerance” blank…
Just gonna have to chill a bit here here and see if this thing is gonna break outside
or back off and come to me…
Eh, thanks for the input braddas
Aloha!

So I checked it out. Another of the “P” Series. Every Blank in that series is Phenomenal. Great “natural” rocker but anything can be ordered. Millennium is really “gung ho” currently. Innovation and variety of blanks, stringers and rockers. They’re doing 100 --150 a week for one of the big three Surfboard manufacturers. I will gladly Shape a Millennium or Arctic over a US Blank any day. I believe that Arctic has given up on their on EPS blanks recently and is now selling Marko. Easier to focus on developing and concentrating on your own brand of Poly than trying to R&D something better than the already great EPS that Marko does. Also you can get Poly CNCed at Marko now. Millennium with Applecore stringers etc. I think the direction that the Blank Market is going these days is a boon to anyone who hand shapes and the CNC builders as well. Sold 175 combined Marko, Millennium and Arctic Blanks here in Oregon in 2017. Out of those 175 I had one blank that had a minor issue. The issue would have been easily shaped around by any shaper in the OC. But; we have so many YouTube prima donnas up here who have never seen a few pin holes in a Blank and don’t know what lite weight spackle is. Lowel

I had a US Blank with a minor gouge near the stringer and the guys at Surf Supply were all stressed out that I’d hassle them for it. I just shaped the board and glassed it; I didn’t even bother to fill the little indent that was left of that gouge after shaping. It’s just a surfboard.

At some point every day above ground is a good day. If you’re still able to get out in the water on any kind of board you’re ahead of the game.

I just picked up an 113d from usb in green foam and it wasn’t too heavy. - used it for my hotcurl and glassed with single 8oz bottom and 8/4 deck with an inlay. Probably weighs about 20ish lbs and is about 3” thick nose to tail.

I have found Millennium’s “Red” density to be more than adequate for an intended lightweight longboard. Picked up about twelve of them last month. No complaints from my shapers.

One damn fine statement!
Eh, wideawake!
Green is heavy’r that blue! Yeah I realize that wieght is IMHO a necessary factor in a real hot curl working well, Best on that righteous project!
For me after considering all the responces here and a big mahalo!
Like Mellor my review of the 12 2 P was “whoa” kinda thin for the lenght.
All due respect Lowell, if I had a numbers of blanks to shape, well, no fear.
More importantly, I know Millenium blows some nice quality foam.
Made up my sorry mind…
USB 11-3 D Red foam +1"N - +1"T and some damn sexy stringers.
Gonna order the thing, I’ll post up some stuff once I have it.
Thankz…
Oh 10-6, ha I will not have to get another “Yuppie mobile”… LOL!

Will they make it in red?

I wanted heavier foam (would have used brown if they had it) but they said they only made it in blue and green.

Why in the Hell didn’t they offer up Classic, at least Something stinks.
USB better do it.
I am over the blue I went 4oz on the last 11 3 like to bust my chops on launching.
Or, hello Millennium…