glue-up/channeling balsa!

What is the PREFERRED method of glue-up for balsa…and why do you folks favor the adhering medium you suggest-> (waterproof glue or resin)…(strength/bond/weight issues)? Also,…some of my friends have made balsa boards without channeling them. I have wondered why some guys would NOT bother channeling their wood if they go through all the trouble to make such an aesthetically pleasing (and usually expensive) creation. Thanks in advance for any responses. T.

What is the PREFERRED method of glue-up for balsa…and why do you folks > favor the adhering medium you suggest-> (waterproof glue or > resin)…(strength/bond/weight issues)? Also,…some of my friends have > made balsa boards without channeling them. I have wondered why some guys > would NOT bother channeling their wood if they go through all the trouble > to make such an aesthetically pleasing (and usually expensive) creation. > Thanks in advance for any responses. T. Well Tom, a balsa board of the primest light wood is acceptible to ride, but after an extensive chambering, the weight is so dramatically reduced that is brings it into the realm of foam weight. I recently did a 9’0" Evolution gun that was very bit as light as a foam board, if not lighter. It has taken me every bit of 30 years of trying new methods of chambering the boards with the goal to remove as much wood as possible. The early ones were light, but After much trial and lots of error I have the jigs that work the best for me and the methods to get it done quickly and cleanly… Cut once, measure twice

Cut once…measure TWICE!!! Amen to that, Jim! I hear you,! Thanks for the response. T.