gone to the dog house

who’s running this joint? It’s gone to shit!

Are you volunteering to do something about it? For crying out loud, it is a wealth of information and resources that doesn’t cost you a thing. I’m sure it isn’t easy to run this place. If you can offer help instead of criticism maybe that would be the call. I don’t like it any more than you do but I appreciate everyone’s efforts in keeping it going.

yorky hasnt been around much probably not aware of the latest spam problem, logged on to find pages of spam and thought WTF??

It all goes away several times a day, and it all reappears several times a day. Its like surfing in a crowd, we complain but we still do it lol.

yeah, I am, what would you recommend?

Got your back T…

Bahahaha
what sort of a pussy call is that hahaha.
Got your back… pull ya finger out will ya!

it is appreciated!

yorky wish I could deputize you to delete spam. we have been hit hard by an asian language spambot, and i probably spend an hour a day, every day, deleting spam and banning spambots. And the other moderators ate hitting back hard too. Its a plague

So tblank’s & mattwho’s comments are really appreciated. and your participation is appreciated here too! I like comments fom the heart.

Yorky, perhaps you could get a hold of Mr. Paler himself or one of the moderators. Huck is one and K. Melville is another. Give them a PM and offer your time and efforts. You may have some good suggestions. If it is that intolerant, trying to help it is better than carping about it. Then again, it may not be worth it to you keep visiting the site. That would be a shame. Also, I don’t know what the pastimes of surfers in Aus. are, but there ain’t anybody sticking their fingers in at any of my spots. Just exactly what does go on down “under”???

Hahaha

I am pretty sure I don’t delete nearly as many as Huck but I still see and delete a handful of foreign spambots every week.

Swellnet has a system where you have to answer a picture question before you can submit a reply.
I think it’s called Captcha.
Why doesn’t Swaylocks set up something similar.

Well… I didn’t really mean the spam thing, these things happen, and my ‘who’s running this joint’ call, was a bit of a wet fish to the face to the loyal hard working Sways crew, so., keep spanking the monkey :slight_smile: lads, Ya going great :wink:
Arh well.
… Been a while now, and some of you love or hate ya I’ve really gotten to respect you guys. No, Really, What I’m trying to say is…
You Guy Need another Bloody Hobby!
:))

get on with it; stop wasting time
shortened form of “pull your finger out of your ass”
(apparently, having your finger up your ass interferes with efficiency)

I agree.
PM Paler and tell him to throw a few more mods into the mix. Couldn’t hurt could it?
I’ll throw out a few names - I nominate Mattwho, Tblank, and Yorky for starters! Heck, I’d add Jim the Genius and his buddy Cleanlines for good measure, guys with no drama. You’d be the grom of the bunch, lol.
And add the captcha thing too, might slow the infernal things down a bit anyway.

it’s to impersonal ‘sterile’ “Captcha”, sounds negative, sounds like shit to me.
Nope.
It doesn’t encapsulate Sways.
We can handle the crap (I don’t know the inner workings of Sways) but…
It’s not us.
we don’t need to block, but embrace.
Fuk, the walls.

all those guy, those guys you mentioned…
there,
well…
shit!
…just kidding :wink:

I was thinking it was for when you sign up.
I agree it would kinda hinder the free flow of conversation if you had to do it every time you responded.
maybe they could set it up to slow down the computers from signing up with a new name ever couple hours!

gotta be another way around it.
“the practice of excluding or not admitting other things”
We are at a X-roads

NO ONE REALLY WANTS TO SHARE!
(me too, but i’m no big time player)
I have a lot of designs and ideas from yrs building that I would love to ‘bounce’ off crew ‘for’ yes FOR their designs and ideas.
Sways…
*get in
*get known
*show ‘respect’
*contribute (text/visual)
*gain trust
mmmm
where to now… Sways in 1, 3, 6 years may have elite (trusted) well… secret rooms.
…interesting ?
Why not? the world is getting smaller, is it not?

Sways will keep on keeping on servicing… the crew of this daggy cooky industry.

Mr. Berry, you are a devil. Hah!