Good deal? - Swapping Noosa 66 for In the Pink

Hi all,

I’m looking at swapping my McTavish Noosa 66 for a Takayama In the Pink. Just wanted to get an idea if this is a fair trade or not.

Thanks,
Ethan

It just depends on what you are looking for in a board. Are they both the same construction? If they are both PU/Poly construction I think they are worth about the same brand new. So condition of each board will determine if it is a fair or not. If both boards are in same condition and you want something that is a bit more progressive than a noosa 66 then I think its a fair trade.

The Noosa 66 is PU the In the Pink is Tuflite which is an epoxy board I think.

Both boards have some damage on the nose. Have been quoted a price to get the epoxy board fixed and am happy to pay the price.

The main reason I’m looking to swap is that I weigh 150lbs and my Noosa 66 is 10’ long. The In the Pink is a 9’3".

I’m mostly keen to just trim and nose ride however from what I’ve read the In the Pink should be pretty good at doing that anyway.

Yea for sure. In the pink is a great nose rider too. Great board for doing what you describe. Can be surfed off the tail as well in a more progressive style especially with the addition of the side bites. Not sure if they all have side bites though. at 9’3 it will be more manageable in a range of situations as compared to a 10" Noosa 66. Have you ridden a Tuflite longboard before? It will feel different than PU/Poly construction. Just comes down to a matter of preference at this point. I personally am not a fan of Tuflite boards. I think they are made In thailand or something. Not totally sure. If that is the case I would not trade an Australian made Noosa 66 for an asian pop out type board.

I totally understand why you would go for a 9’3" as opposed to a 10 footer. at 150 lbs a 10’0 is a damn boat.
Now, that being said, you are looking at trading what is likely a hand shaped board for a composite, mass produced one. As composites go, the Tuflites are some of the best. If both boards are in roughly the same condition, the hand shape is worth more money, IMO. Not to the extent where you are getting screwed, but still not equal value.

Thanks for all of your advice. I’ve decided to stick with my current board. I used it today and I know I’ll regret getting rid of it. I might try to find someone who will swap for a smaller Noosa 66. Thanks again.

Good call