Gordie Mark V

Grabbed this fun relic this week.

I am aware of most of the Gordie history from Googling, - looking for recommendations on repair effort to get it ridable again, but feel free to add anything about Gordie boards or how the Mark V rides specifically.

I am capable of doing basic ding repair and had fun getting a beat up Bing DN back in ridable condition last summer.

This board has a lot more rocker than I was expecting ,is 22" wide and way thick. Looks like a fun logger ride.

Wood blocks are covered with glass but glass was cracked so you could still see the rotted blocks in there
no delam except for torn glass areas, but some foam depressions (not heels) where the foam may have shrunk (?) - not sure how to repair these areas.

Basically looking to see if I should attempt to do a proper restore (Garbutt did one up right recently), with the wood block etc or just tighten up the existing glass over and ride it as is.

Doesn’t look worth it, from the pictures. I mean unless youre really skilled and really dedicated. How much does it weigh?

If it were me, I would make a reasonable facsimile using the original as a guide, rather than trying to bring that old beast back to life.

Which is not to say that it can’t be done.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

If it was me, I’d do an almost full restoration on the bottom (pigment) and I would clean up the deck but leave it fixed, clear, and watertight. But that’s just me, and I like restoring old boards. Plus, a full restoration with pigment on the bottom would block out a lot of history and so in some collector’s eyes would be ‘worth’ less. So, if you’re planning on fixing and keeping it, go nuts. If you want to fix and sell, have an idea of the type of people you want to sell it to. Above all else, I’d definitely make sure to leave the label/logo visible.