Got this in the mail.

I guess we’ve all had something in the mail asking if we’d like to learn to surf or even learn to shape a surfboard.

But I got this one today asking if I’d like to learn to foil…

haha, love the background in that shot

I guess most of us on Sways live near the beach, and we get a ‘Learn to Surf’ pamphlet in the mail every few weeks. It’s was funny that this flyer would be so specific. 

'Be even funnier if it was more specific still; advertising a course on how to design and shape a foil-board.

I wonder how often guys like Greenough gets ad’s popping up in his browser for learn-to-surf/learn-to-shape courses, or Jimmy Page gets “learn-how-to-play-guitar… just like Jimmy Page!” ads on his computer.

'Be even funnier still if he quietly signed up for one, just to see the look on the instructors face when he turns up for the group lesson, sits down and looks expectantly at the instructor to start teaching him.

Even better when they try to sell you your own information.

L.I.T,  I thought about doing the course, sitting quietly, listening to the teacher and then ripping on the foil in the water. Drop into OH waves, bottom turns, stalls, tubes, airs and then tell him his foil isnt working properly.Ha ha.

i found another manoeuvre on a (fore/aft symmetrical) foil at high speed, you bring it to the surface and it will plane and slide like an Alaia. It’s a bit un-nerving but it’s controllable where you can slide the back end out and foil backwards.