Hansen "The Master"

I just picked up a pretty decent original Hansen "The Master". Just wondering if anyone might know who might have shaped this one. The serial number is13405T. If I'm not mistaken "The Masters" were shaped in 1967. Not sure who was shaping for Don Hansen at the time. Sure would appreciate any info. Thanks

The board in question, was shaped by me.

i love swaylocks! big shakas to you bill- my son surfed the 50/50 you shaped for the first time today. i will try and post some photos later.

[quote="$1"]

The board in question, was shaped by me.

[/quote]

Well, now you gotta tell some story....

Like, what software did you use to design that one? Did you go to Kinko's to get a template printed? :-)

Yes. And why didn’t you write the dimensions on the stringer?

[quote="$1"]

Yes. And why didn't you write the dimensions on the stringer?

[/quote]

MY BAD ! ! !

Yeah. And why didn’t you sign it?

Bill, thanks for the info. That is so cool that you shaped my "Master". I'll try to get some pics of it posted here soon.

Saw this old thread and wanted to put in my two cents worth- I picked up a “The Master” in Nags Head, North Carolina in 1978. Surfed it until it fell apart. It was 7 feet long.
Around 1990 I picked up one in a garage sale in Charleston, South Carolina; it was 8 feet long. Surfed it til it fell apart, then did a functional restoration on it but it never got it’s mojo back. In 1995 I sold it at the San Jose, Costa Rica airport to an arriving surfer, rather than fly it back to San Francisco with me.

They were both super smooth and I could really bury a rail on it while keeping the board under me and in control. I’ve thought about those boards over the years. The 7’0" I had in the late '70’s was between eras, as the modern long board was still a decade from really getting into development. I didn’t get a modern longboard until 2005, so those Masters were kind of an anomaly in my surfing career.

Oh my God! Even found a pic of the 7’0". 1978 on the deck in the “Scraggly Condominiums” behind the Seafare Restaurant, Nags Head, North Carolina. Boy, not like me to wax nostalgic but I kind definitely feel it.