hanson hustler vs competitor

does anyone have any info on a board that hansen made called the hansen hustler???what were the dimensions and what type of waves was it made for???how did it differ from the competitor…???thanks.jt.

does anyone have any info on a board that hansen made called the hansen > hustler???what were the dimensions and what type of waves was it made > for???how did it differ from the competitor…???thanks.jt. jerry; hang in there I know I have the info you are looking for;it might take me a day or two to put my hands on it --but I will find it. The competitor had a wider down railed nose and the hustler had more of a paralell templete,keep checking back and I will dig up some measurements.

thanks cdb///ill be a waitin…all iknow is that you could get the hustler in a step deck model as an option.but bewyond that, dont know what the difference is between the competitor and the hustler…thanks.jer.

thanks cdb///ill be a waitin…all iknow is that you could get the > hustler in a step deck model as an option.but bewyond that, dont know what > the difference is between the competitor and the hustler…thanks.jer. Jerry; Idug up some info for you; the Hustler was more or less a semi-semi- gun made for larger surf (I’m thinking 10’ or so) I can’t find any reference on a step deck, you might have it confused with the Master (I know it had a step deck cause i had one) anyway basic measurements look like 9’6"-15 1/2- 16" nose, 21 3/4-22" wide ,15"tail w/ 6" square tail compare with Harbour Trestle Special (Hustler has a slightly fuller nose) : the Competitor was a noserider with down rails in the nose 171/2" nose wide & blunt- 22"-23"wide, with a real full hip area & lots of curve in the last 18" - 15’-151/2" tail and around a 5" square tail ;;lookin these up was a lot of fun I might have to make a couple of replicas myself this week; if you need more imput try to locate Jim Phillips I think he still shapes Hansens and his imput might be a little more detailed and acurate; hope this helps

cdb,…thanks so much for the research.very helpful…jerry

Also, the Hustler model made the transition to at least the beginning of shortboard era as I have an 8’ Hustler pintail shaped by Thrailkill so yes maybe most Hustlers were more gunny not sure