Hanson Ultralight Circa 1970 - Width of a Typical 9.6?

Calling Bill Thrailkill.  I’m going to try and recreate the best longboard I ever had, a 9.6 x ? Hanson Ultralight from about 1970.  I can’t rememebr the width, but I remember it feeling narrow-ish.  22" ?  I’m almost 100% sure it was completely pinchy 50/50 rails with a big hatchet fin.  Thanks!

At 9’ 6’’ the width would have been in the 22 to 23 inch range.       Best advice I can give is to make width marks at 22 inches, and each 1/4th inch, out to 23 inches.      Then lay out your outline to see how fair the lines flow.      Your eye will tell you which line to use.       Let the best looking line dictate the measurments.       It is a technique that has never failed me.       Trust your eye.

22 1/2”.  I’ll double check in the AM as I have one.

Thanks guys!

The one I have is a 9’10.  At 46 inches from the nose it goes to 22 1/2” for 18” and the goes back to 22” from there.  Doing the math I think that is pretty much center wide point.  I’ll try to get a few pics.

Seems odd that it hits it’s wide point for such a short distance.  It holds the 22” at the nose and tail for a good distance at both.  Overall it is a nice template and honestly if you didn’t know better you would think the wide point was 23” and extended.  I would push it out to 23”.  It will look a little less ‘Parallel.

Thanks McDing and Happy Friday.  Thanks for measuring it up.  I appreciate your efforts!