Harbor Freight Polishers on Sale *PIC*

My giant sander/grinder finally wore out. I looked up the 3,000 rpm Chicago Electric angle polishers at the Harbor Freight website. They were on sale for $40 US, down from $50 regularly. Day before yesterday, after the sale ended, I went to the nearest HF outlet, and the the things were on sale for $34.50. I bought two. Here’s the catch. I wore my last HF polisher in short order. It ground down the pinion gear. I exposed the gears on my two new polishers. The Chinese factory put cheap grease on both ring gears and NO GREASE on the pinion gears. I removed the old grease and greased the gears with good moly bearing grease. Hoping for better results with this grease. It’s worth a gamble at $34.50. The re-greased gears in these new polishers sound MUCH better than stock. You might wanna call the nearest Harbor Freight outlet for a price quote. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=41213

Noodle - I just got one of the HF polisher/sanders as well. Mine sounds pretty rough when running so I’d like to grease it up. Thanks for the tip. If I can’t find the pinion gears on the paperwork I’ll be back to ask for help. Best, Eric J>>> My giant sander/grinder finally wore out. I looked up the 3,000 rpm > Chicago Electric angle polishers at the Harbor Freight website. They were > on sale for $40 US, down from $50 regularly. Day before yesterday, after > the sale ended, I went to the nearest HF outlet, and the the things were > on sale for $34.50. I bought two.>>> Here’s the catch. I wore my last HF polisher in short order. It ground > down the pinion gear. I exposed the gears on my two new polishers. The > Chinese factory put cheap grease on both ring gears and NO GREASE on the > pinion gears. I removed the old grease and greased the gears with good > moly bearing grease.>>> Hoping for better results with this grease. It’s worth a gamble at $34.50. > The re-greased gears in these new polishers sound MUCH better than stock. > You might wanna call the nearest Harbor Freight outlet for a price quote.