Hard Cell Foam

We now have foam that is so hard the local shapers bitch that its to hard, But they keep buying it. Three month old team boards still in great condition.When i profile blanks on my machine they are still hard 1/2" into the bottom foam. I allways take 1/8" of the deck up to 1/2" of each rail and the foam is still hard. If you hand shape with a plane you have to move a bit slower or it will tear the foam out. My shaper Gary Dorrington ( HardRock SurfBoard)takes about 15 minutes longer to complete a board when using the hardcell foam, but the product has a much better finish and heaps whiter. Been selling it since 20/5/2002.No delam and small dents A GGGGreat FFFFoam At Last Rabbit http://www.southcoastfoam.com.au

…Rabbit,how do they ride? And what’s the weight like compared to a standard light wt. foam?..Keep it up mate!!!Herb

We now have foam that is so hard the local shapers bitch that its to hard, > But they keep buying it. Three month old team boards still in great > condition.When i profile blanks on my machine they are still hard > 1/2" into the bottom foam. I allways take 1/8" of the deck up to > 1/2" of each rail and the foam is still hard. If you hand shape with > a plane you have to move a bit slower or it will tear the foam out. My > shaper Gary Dorrington ( HardRock SurfBoard)takes about 15 minutes longer > to complete a board when using the hardcell foam, but the product has a > much better finish and heaps whiter. Been selling it since 20/5/2002.No > delam and small dents A GGGGreat FFFFoam At Last Rabbit Good to hear, I got some blanks in 1968 that were blown by a boat builder in Rhode Island, they were rock hard, but didn’t ding. You can put on as much glass as you want, but if the foundation is weak , what’s the point.

We now have foam that is so hard the local shapers bitch that its to hard, > But they keep buying it. Three month old team boards still in great > condition.When i profile blanks on my machine they are still hard > 1/2" into the bottom foam. I allways take 1/8" of the deck up to > 1/2" of each rail and the foam is still hard. If you hand shape with > a plane you have to move a bit slower or it will tear the foam out. My > shaper Gary Dorrington ( HardRock SurfBoard)takes about 15 minutes longer > to complete a board when using the hardcell foam, but the product has a > much better finish and heaps whiter. Been selling it since 20/5/2002.No > delam and small dents A GGGGreat FFFFoam At Last Rabbit Is this Polyurethane foam or something that you have to glass with epoxy?

Is this Polyurethane foam or something that you have to glass with epoxy? This new hardcell foam is standard urethane foam. A 63 blank is 1.8 kilos with no stringer. The team riders say that its real corkey when duck diving. The team boards have 1x4oz on the deck and 1x4oz on the bottom. also because the boards float better we can make them a bit thinner than what they normally have so plus’s all round.Also been working on a new Resin. The boss has been doing this so i dont know much about it, but my son Staceys new board is made with the HC foam and new Resin, The boards is very white compared to boards in the shop, The resin is so clear around the fins. WE also have a new fin system just about ready for the market, The plugs are all set to go, we are just waiting for the fins. When its finished i will take some Photos ( FCS fins fit this system )To get some input from you guys. Rabbit http://www.southcoastfoam.com.au

This new hardcell foam is standard urethane foam. A 63 blank is 1.8 kilos > with no stringer. The team riders say that its real corkey when duck > diving. The team boards have 1x4oz on the deck and 1x4oz on the bottom. > also because the boards float better we can make them a bit thinner than > what they normally have so plus’s all round.Also been working on a new > Resin. The boss has been doing this so i dont know much about it, but my > son Staceys new board is made with the HC foam and new Resin, The boards > is very white compared to boards in the shop, The resin is so clear around > the fins. WE also have a new fin system just about ready for the market, > The plugs are all set to go, we are just waiting for the fins. When its > finished i will take some Photos ( FCS fins fit this system )To get some > input from you guys. Rabbit I heard about some new poly foam that was going to come out and it was supposed to be “extruded” versus blown in a mold…is this the same stuff? I assume that you guys are from Australia but I may be wrong. When you shpe this foam are you using standard planer blades or grit drums? I have an Australian grit drum on one of my planers and I like it. Tell us more…give us some prices.It sounds really interesting.

Question, Will this stuff be available in the U.S.? Who will be disturbuting it? How does it compare cost wise to the standard PolyU foam? Thanks for sharing the info Rab sounds interesting for sure. ed

Question,>>> Will this stuff be available in the U.S.? Who will be disturbuting it? How > does it compare cost wise to the standard PolyU foam? Thanks for sharing > the info Rab sounds interesting for sure. ed The foam is hand blown, the factory is on the Goldcoast Australia. Where the sun always shines and there is always a great wave some where. Grit drum works the best, Thats what i have on the profile machine, Standard planer will rip the foam when you go to fast. I can ship the blanks to anywhere, by the box, 8 or 9 per box. Sending 2 boxes to Norway at the momment.Cost is the same as std poly foam. some of you put a order together and i work out a sweet price. For blank sizes check out the web site www.southcoastfoam.com.au Rabbit http://www.southcoastfoam.com.au

Sending 2 boxes to Norway at the momment. Would you pretty, pretty please tell me who is shaping that amount of board in Norway? regards, Håvard

Would you pretty, pretty please tell me who is shaping that amount of > board in Norway?>>> regards,>>> Håvard Havard Best you email me at Why do you want to know. Rabbit http://www.southcoastfoam.com.au

Rabbit: What is the average shipping cost to the US for a box of blanks? Might be reasonable if a group of guys in nearby areas could pool orders and have 2-4 boxes shipped at once. Thanks! Tom S.>>> Havard Best you email me at >>> Why do you want to know. Rabbit