Heavy Glass Question

I’ve shaped a board down from an old, waterlogged beast, and now it’s time to glass. Due to the softness of the foam, I was advised by some Swaylockers to glass heavy for strength. It’s a 6’10" egg and I’m 150 lbs, so how heavy should I go? Also, do I lay up all layers of glass at once, or do I do it in stages, letting the resin dry in between? Thanks, Single White Fin

I’ve shaped a board down from an old, waterlogged beast, and now it’s time > to glass. Due to the softness of the foam, I was advised by some > Swaylockers to glass heavy for strength. It’s a 6’10" egg and I’m 150 > lbs, so how heavy should I go? Also, do I lay up all layers of glass at > once, or do I do it in stages, letting the resin dry in between? Thanks, > Single White Fin …you don’t want an egg to be too heavy,and you want it to last more than a week!I would go with atriple 4oz deck,and double 4oz bottom(if done right it should be stronger than a double 6/single 6oz,with alot less weight.If you’re not that good with lam.I would do 2 layers at a time(top and bottom)And finish the last layer on the deck afterwards.Herb