Help on shipping a board

I am trying to ship a board to Hawaii from southen Cali. I took it to Fed Ex, they wanted 240.00. The person I am shipping it to could almost buy for that much. Is there any cheaper way ? Please help !!! Thanks

plan a trip to hawaii and deliver it yourself…and stay awhile…definitely wouldn’t be cheaper, but at least you’d get your money’s worth.

Funny you say that, I just got back at the beginning of this month from a 2 week trip there. The board I am shipping is not mine, he is already over there. Although it is a good excuse to go again. I will have to run it buy the wife to see if I can go on a solo trip for a few days. Wish me luck.

Howzit lippy, Where are you located? If you are near an airport try DHL air freight, how big is the board.Aloha,Kokua

kokua,

I am in Newport. I will go to their website or call them. Thanks for the help.

Hey lippy, I’ve shipped quite a bit to Kauai and Maui. If you have patience you can use ocean freight from places like DHX. They are very reasonable and a container ship leaves Long Beach once a week and makes landfall at Kahului, Maui, Pearl Harbor, and Nawilliwilli Harbor, Kauai. Ocean freight is great for oversize/multi-board shipments. We recently shipped 10 boards in a box that was just over 10 feet long. HTH…

I’ve shipped an 8’ board from Maui to the East Coast for under $80.

If you talk to the wrong person at Fedx they’ll classify it as freight and try to hit you. They have a length + width + thickness formula that has to be under something like 154 inches. Just keep asking and you’ll find somebody that knows what they are doing.

Thank you very much for the info.

Thanks. It was yeserday and it was raining, and she was kind of a bitch. I think she just wanted to get out of there for the new years. I’ll try to go back. Thanks again