help, quick!@$#

i finished up a hotcoat earlier today. i think i added too much wax. there is an oily film on the board.some parts are a little tacky. is it best to wipe it off with acetone and then sand, or should i just go straight to sanding? is it a good idea to re-hotcoat, even if i am doing a gloss coat??

is it possible to re coat directly over w/o sanding?

is it possible to re coat directly over w/o sanding?

Don’t try to re-coat it, your gonna have a mess on your hands! It wont stick. The oily stuff is surfacing agent. Just sacrifice one piece of 60 grit, to knock the residue off, then sand like normal. The resin underneath is fine,especially if your gonna gloss it!

Don’t try to re-coat it, your gonna have a mess on your hands! It wont stick. The oily stuff is surfacing agent. Just sacrifice one piece of 60 grit, to knock the residue off, then sand like normal. The resin underneath is fine,especially if your gonna gloss it!

thanks STL////everything worked out ok. i let it sit in the sun for a few hours. that helped a lot.

thanks STL////everything worked out ok. i let it sit in the sun for a few hours. that helped a lot.