Help with glosscoating

So does anyone have a good advice on how to get the perfect gloss coat. I’m using Seabase’s Taupo gloss but i seem to get inconsisent results. Sometimes i’m getting lumps or kind of runs in the resin, maybe its setting too fast or too slow, i don’t know which one or maybe some other reason. My hotcoats go on perfect. Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks Swaylockers.

Do a search for gloss coat. 

There is more info about technique then your brain can comprehend. 

Pages and pages and pages. 

Strain your resin first to make sure you have no chunks. Make sure your brush is clean. Board can be sanded with grits from 60-150 (I prefer 100) but it must be flat and clean. Blow dust off, wipe it down, use tape if need be to make sure there is no dust on the board. Tape off, catalyze resin and go. For me, quick lengthwise strokes to get resin roughly distributed, 90 degree pass to get resin spread, then 45 degree strokes one direction for the length of the board, 45 degree the alternative direction, and finally and nice slow lengthwise pass. Let the resin just barely gel up and pull the tape before the resin gells too much ( and risks shearing the gloss), or too early and risk resin dripping on other side. 

Strain the resin is not good because sometimes plenty of wax gets there and not on the resin; then the coat (if you do not have a perfect gloss room) could be affected (tacky)

Instead, you can heat the resin to disolve the wax.

The other stuff that seems from the resin, actually are from the brush (if its not brand new)

I should have said, if the resin is cold, watch out for filtering out your undissolved wax. If your resin is normal working temp, then I always strain, as I personally find little chunks of debris in new resin containers all the time.   

What? And that’s it?  No sanding, No rub out?