help with surfboard

hi i want to know if anyone heard of or own a Coral Island surfboard, can you tell me the how good is the board. i try to decide between a used good condition with couple crack and glasson trifins 8’ Harbour egg for around 300 or less or a brand new coral island with 2+1 fins for $310. please give me some advice. thanks

you may find joy in the versatility of the 2+1 setup. see if the owner will let you have a ride on the Harbour before you buy, it may be your magic board.

you may find joy in the versatility of the 2+1 setup. see if the owner > will let you have a ride on the Harbour before you buy, it may be your > magic board. i’m a beginner, should i get a 8’ egg or something higher but i don’t want a 9’ longboard and is 3" of thickness enough . i weight 145 with out wetsuit and 5’7. also what kind of design on the board should i be looking for, like a concave on the nose or a vee, i don’t know anyting about surfboard design. if i plan to get the Coral island, i have to tell the shaper what do i want

I think 3" is too much for your size. so, I’m guessing Coral Island is a local custom shop, always a better choice than rack IMO. Go in and tell them your weight and that you want a beginner board. if they are competent shapers they will be able to hook you up with the standard beginner board that will work best for you and your area. you can also take your current board in and tell them want you want to achieve that this board is not doing for you, “I want something a little more stable, turns better, noserides, can go vert and get air, etc. better than this…”

I think 3" is too much for your size. so, I’m guessing Coral Island > is a local custom shop, always a better choice than rack IMO. Go in and > tell them your weight and that you want a beginner board. if they are > competent shapers they will be able to hook you up with the standard > beginner board that will work best for you and your area. you can also > take your current board in and tell them want you want to achieve that > this board is not doing for you, “I want something a little more > stable, turns better, noserides, can go vert and get air, etc. better than > this…” why is too much thickness isn’t good? thanks

harder to sink the rail for lightweights, I personally have never had that problem. see “too much float” below.