Here fishy fishy.

I got my photobucket all warmed up so heres one I just finished today. Marko eps 1.9 lb. 6’8" blank. Board is 5’11" 20 1/2" by 2 3/4"s thick.

Board is glassed with RR epoxy 6 bot. 6/6 deck. I’m starting to get a hang of sanding and pulling a tight lamination. Board is sanded to 220 and then shot with varathane semi-gloss waterbased floor finish. Kind of gives it a speed finish. If I wetsand to 600 it almost looks like gloss.

The color job is acrylic paint airbrushed onto the foam.

I tried for a variation on the classic fish outline that was done on aku shaper and then transfered to masonite.

Mahalo again swaylocks, you da best.

that’s a GREAT looking board. looks super fun. good job man.

Very nice!

I did a water based floor finish on epoxy and it looks great but gets a little milky after some water time.

After the board dries it looks good again.Weird stuff, let us know how it goes.

Quote:

Very nice!

I did a water based floor finish on epoxy and it looks great but gets a little milky after some water time.

After the board dries it looks good again.Weird stuff, let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the compliment! I wish I could try the board but it’s getting shipped to Oahu this morning.

I haven’t really noticed the finish going milky even during marathon sessions but then again I’m not really looking for it. Might have to test that one out.

I know if I don’t let the finish fully cure that it can get weird and come off. I’ve had some 3 day wonder boards that I’ve made for myself never waited for any of it to cure. Finish came off in the water, board was all slimey, and I dented in the deck so bad it was pure foolishness.