Here is my glassing rack/tray

Just watched Gunkie’s glassing video. Good stuff. I noticed he had on his special glassing shoes. I remember glassing a board a long time ago before building my tray and getting epoxy on the shoe laces. I had to cut the shoes off to remove them after the resin set. So I built a tray and have been glassing in flip flops ever since. Here are a few pictures of my rack/tray. I change the plastic occasionally. Here you see it right after changing. THe best thing about this one is that I can disassemble it quickly and store it in a closet.

All the best

Very cool Greg!
I need to build me something similar

Greg - I have a similar set up that I use.

4 little pvc “hooks” that just press in. Super quick. - not as nice or stable as yours but if you need to set up and take down quick (30secs) these work pretty good.

Works great with poly to capture it all before it hits the floor - I then wrap it up - put it over a 5 gallon bucket filled with water and snip a hole - it cures under water and doesn’t smell.

GregTate: "I remember glassing a board a long time ago before building my tray and getting epoxy on the shoe laces…

… I had to cut the shoes off to remove them after the resin set."

Hahahahahahaha!!! That’s hilarious!!

Wish I could have upvoted your post with that little story in it about 1 million times instead of the system limit of just once :slight_smile:

Cheers Greg & all.

I wish I had a photo of Ed Shearfoss’s laminating get up. He lammed for just about everyone on the North Shore Oahu and hopefully still does. His clothes could stand up on their own. His shoes looked like multi-colored moon boots with all the build up. His tee shirts were like a chest of armor. Classic character, good laminator.