Hey Deeb

Deeb, nice looking boards, which one are you bringing to South Jersey this year?

What is the weight diffence between using 6oz (in the single/double settup) and using an 8oz? Is it worth the extra strength? How much does that new 9’6" weigh? GF

What is the weight diffence between using 6oz (in the single/double > settup) and using an 8oz? Is it worth the extra strength? How much does > that new 9’6" weigh?>>> GF The weight (over 6 oz.) is noticeable, but not as “loggy” like 10 oz. It just feels very stable and strong. It’s definitely stronger than 6 oz…at least that’s my experience. It’s definitely worth the extra strength. I really don’t like the feel of a longboard with just 6 oz. It’s just a different feel. More stable. I also knee paddle a lot, so it’s not worth trying 6 oz…10 oz. is better for that, but I always get dents, no matter what , even with a deck patch. I really like the look of the Volan too. I haven’t been on the scale with the 9’6", but it weighs about the same as my “Leaf” 9’6", which is Superblue with 10+6. I’d sound like an idiot if I tried to put a lb. # on it. Maybe, oh…3 gallons of milk, probably less. Sorry. At any rate…I highly recommend 8 oz over 6 oz. in my opinion. Take care… Oh, by the way, …h20fox…I probably won’t be in Jersey any time soon. I’ve just made a move to TX! I’ll be in the Gulf, so…Say Hi to Sandy Hook for me! Thanks…deeb…

Deeb: Both of the boards looked great! Hope the crossing was uneventful, stay in touch, the storm track is already heating up. Stealth run to SPI is possible tommorrow. Tom S.>>> The weight (over 6 oz.) is noticeable, but not as “loggy” like > 10 oz. It just feels very stable and strong. It’s definitely stronger than > 6 oz…at least that’s my experience. It’s definitely worth the extra > strength. I really don’t like the feel of a longboard with just 6 oz. It’s > just a different feel. More stable. I also knee paddle a lot, so it’s not > worth trying 6 oz…10 oz. is better for that, but I always get dents, no > matter what , even with a deck patch. I really like the look of the Volan > too. I haven’t been on the scale with the 9’6", but it weighs about > the same as my “Leaf” 9’6", which is Superblue with 10+6. > I’d sound like an idiot if I tried to put a lb. # on it. Maybe, oh…3 > gallons of milk, probably less. Sorry. At any rate…I highly recommend 8 > oz over 6 oz. in my opinion. Take care…>>> Oh, by the way, …h20fox…I probably won’t be in Jersey any time soon. > I’ve just made a move to TX! I’ll be in the Gulf, so…Say Hi to Sandy > Hook for me! Thanks…deeb…

Not sure if you know this or not but Surfrider and the Army Corp of Engineers reached an agreement that will more or less keep the Cove intact. Not exactly sure what they are going to do but it appears that they will pump sound farther down the road, thus sparing the only “good” spot in Jersey.