Hey Herb...

i had a ? or 2 to ask you? have time?

ok… first…i am doing a gloss coat and want to get the best results. i’m glossing a 9’6". here’s what i am figuring on… 24 oz. resin 80-85 degrees 10 % styrene 3 % cat.

ok… first…i am doing a gloss coat and want to get the best results. > i’m glossing a 9’6". here’s what i am figuring on… 24 oz. resin > 80-85 degrees 10 % styrene 3 % cat. I might go on 24oz, 25cc cat.and 60cc of stryene @ 80 degrees.Make sure your surface is clean ,Kokua has some great mix formulas ,archive his name.Herb

thanks herb…finally…when’s the best time to pull the tape so not to get a thick line? when sanding…best way to remove the line?

thanks herb…finally…when’s the best time to pull the tape so not to > get a thick line? when sanding…best way to remove the line? …I pull tape a little early say after the wax rises,and the resin is still in the gelling process.Herb

…I pull tape a little early say after the wax rises,and the resin is > still in the gelling process.Herb …it allows the resin around the tape line to relax.I take the line down with my sander,but you can use a #8 bodyfile.Herb

…it allows the resin around the tape line to relax.I take the line > down with my sander,but you can use a #8 bodyfile.Herb Hey Herb, Off the subject but Iwas wondering if you printed out those template specs? You were going to mail them out… Sorry to keep bugging you but I could sure use those Thanks again Mark Scott 10944 Martinique way San diego, ca 92126

Hey Herb, Off the subject but Iwas wondering if you printed out those > template specs? You were going to mail them out… Sorry to keep bugging > you but I could sure use those Thanks again Mark Scott 10944 Martinique > way San diego, ca 92126 …I mailed that out some time ago with a set of glueon Superchargers.I will go to the postoffice tomorrow to have that package tracked. …In the mean time I will mail you out another template,and set.sorry,I don’t know what happened?I could have delivered it faster,being I was just down at my bro’s/mom’s on LaborDay(I.B.).Herb

Hey Herb, Epoxy has to be the choice for glue-ons doesn’t it? What else could be strong enough? I want a couple of glue-on set sets, a big on and a little one I’ve got a couple of boards I want to try them one. Hey if I drop and FCS plug in ahead of my rail fins where should I place it in relation to the leading edge of the rail fin? I sent you a couple of emails a while back but didn’t get any reply, wanted to share some of my fin templates with you, didn’t get an answer so I figured you were too busy. If your interested I’m at . I’ll look to hear from you. Having a gas trying out fin combinations on my new Freeline 7’9". The wide tail really lets me know what the fin combinations (tried 5 different ones so far) are doing in a hurry. Good Surfin’, Rich

Hey Herb,>>> Epoxy has to be the choice for glue-ons doesn’t it? What else could be > strong enough?>>> I want a couple of glue-on set sets, a big on and a little one I’ve got a > couple of boards I want to try them one. Hey if I drop and FCS plug in > ahead of my rail fins where should I place it in relation to the leading > edge of the rail fin?>>> I sent you a couple of emails a while back but didn’t get any reply, > wanted to share some of my fin templates with you, didn’t get an answer so > I figured you were too busy. If your interested I’m at . > I’ll look to hear from you. Having a gas trying out fin combinations on my > new Freeline 7’9". The wide tail really lets me know what the fin > combinations (tried 5 different ones so far) are doing in a hurry.>>> Good Surfin’, Rich…Hey Rich, Did I read a while back that your new board is a double wing swallow tail? What sort of waves have you had it in, and can you post a picture? I have been messing with a 7’ 6" double wing swallow template and its looking pretty fun!.Thanks, Scott

Hi Scott, I’ve got a digital camera on the way. When I get it I’ll post a shot of the board. I see the board archives are down for a while. I’ve surfed waves from 3 to 6 feet on it but the sections have been so fast due to the south swell most of them have been unmakeable. Time to give it another go today. I’m making some different fin combinations for it at present. So far the best ones are a standard twinzer combo with FCS Gls ahead of Future 5.12s (real square turns – lots of control but little glide) & a fairly vertical 6.5" cutaway center right on the tail with 4.0" cutaway rail fins of my own design (real smooth and much faster, which I prefer. Gonna tri it with a starfin as well as a twin with a central stablizer. The board catches waves really well and paddles like a rocket. It’s teaching me a lot about how things work. This board was orginally designed and 7’6" but John and I desided that it would work better at 7’9" when we laid it out. By the way the wing cut in directly behind the trailing edge of each set of rail fins. Mahalo, Rich

…I mailed that out some time ago with a set of glueon > Superchargers.I will go to the postoffice tomorrow to have that package > tracked.>>> …In the mean time I will mail you out another template,and > set.sorry,I don’t know what happened?I could have delivered it > faster,being I was just down at my bro’s/mom’s on LaborDay(I.B.).Herb Thanks Mark

thanks herb…finally…when’s the best time to pull the tape so not to > get a thick line? when sanding…best way to remove the line? Pull the tape whan the resin sheets about 1" long below your tape, if the resin keeps flowing down then your batch was to cold. I use a razor blade to take down the line. I keep the scrape line to about 1/16" or less. Aloha Kokua

…I mailed that out some time ago with a set of glueon > Superchargers.I will go to the postoffice tomorrow to have that package > tracked.>>> …In the mean time I will mail you out another template,and > set.sorry,I don’t know what happened?I could have delivered it > faster,being I was just down at my bro’s/mom’s on LaborDay(I.B.).Herb should have emailed you were coming down that day I cooked up 70lbs of ribs and had plenty of cold ones, was a great Labor Day…