Hey Swaylocks community - new here

I’m Codde, a nutritionist who recently dove into the world of surfing. My interest was piqued when a surfer client asked about nutrition for improved endurance in the water. Since then, I’ve been fascinated by the intricate connection between diet and surfing performance.

OK, well, welcome to swaylocks. Do you have an interest in surfboard design, or in making or repairing surfboards?

There is a current thread with a focus on health / strength (fitness) and surfing
Surfing Take-Off/Pop-up Problems? - General Discussion - SWAYLOCKS

1 Like

thanks Huck, actually I am interested in design

That’d be an interesting topic to hear what others say! I feel like surfing as an exercise is so much different than other sports I’ve done.
You get those short very active bursts of movement; ie paddling for a wave, riding a wave, paddling back out into the lineup; then a potentially long rest period waiting in the lineup or for set waves.
Plus I’m not sure how others are but I might go for some time between surfs because the waves aren’t any good. Then when the waves are good I’ll be in the water as much as I can for however long that swell lasts.
But I’m curious to hear what your thoughts are on diet/ nutrition in regards to endurance and performance.

Also welcome! I joined only a few months ago and this community has been so helpful and encouraging! I’m still working on my first build and the knowledge everyone has been sharing has been invaluable, whether design points or techniques or problem solving.
Plus the archives have such a wealth of information.