HI-SURF fin boxes

anyone use the HI-SURF fin boxes (F/U type) they sell at Surf Source? I can’t get a plastic molded fin into any of the three I bought, in or out of a board. it’s like the roll pin is too high. I tried many different molded fins and none worked, fiberglass fins work fine though. anyone having the same problem or can tell me what gives? I don’t want to sell a board without a fin and I don’t want to pass on the cost of a fiberglass one…

JR- I’ve had the same problem with all of the cheap molded fins, they hang in the Bahne boxes too. The last one I fixed by centering the roll pin in it’s hole, it was dragging on one side of the box. They are cheap fins and I’m sure they don’t get much quality control. Some of them I’ve had to carefully grind down to fit. good luck. Tom S. > anyone use the HI-SURF fin boxes (F/U type) they sell at Surf Source? I > can’t get a plastic molded fin into any of the three I bought, in or out > of a board. it’s like the roll pin is too high. I tried many different > molded fins and none worked, fiberglass fins work fine though. anyone > having the same problem or can tell me what gives? I don’t want to sell a > board without a fin and I don’t want to pass on the cost of a fiberglass > one…