HIC shaper help with ID

Does anyone recognize the the shapers signature on this board?

Most of the NJ HIC’s were Lynn Shell

Do you think or surmise that this signature could be the initials “S W”??

I think it could be. The only SW I came up with was Walden but I dont know that he was ever shaping on the side for HIC.

because of the earlier FCS fins on it I think it is about 15-20 years old.

He was in the Islands quite a few years back.  So there may be a connection. Perhaps he did their Mainland boards after his return to Calif.  Pure speculation on my part.

Can you post up more pics of the shape?  I had quite a few HIC shaped for me back in the day.  I had HIC Matt Kazuma, HIC John Carpenter, and a bunch of HIC Cole’s out of San Clemente, I had Eric A, Shell shapes, even a few that had no signatures because if the shaper put there logo on name on it ther would be hell to pay.  HIC contracted out to lots of local shapers for local breaks.  They really didn’t like to ship surfboards across the world if there were great local guys that could make good team boards.

Show a bit more of the board and maybe a bit of history?

It’s on Craigslist and seems very clean for it’s age.

Thanks for the picture…to me it looks like a Steve Morgan shape? it looks like one of his hybrids.  Was made in Hawaii, its got the tail logo.

There you go.  Good first hand info.  Saw a lot of similar HIC boards while I was on Maui. 

Pretty sure that"s my old boss Steve Morgan. Talented shaper. Worked for him at Brewer when he and Gary Linden were building Brewer’s in Oceanside factory.