Historical Hobie Surfboard Question

In the Paul Holmes Hobie book, page 103, theres an ad for Carrol and Propper model Hobie boards, Corky’s optimized for West Coast, Gary’s for the East. Was it just marketing BS or was there a meaningful difference?

I’m a Florida EC surfer and have three longboards. A 10’ Hap, a 9-10 Con pin and a 9-4 Anderson Traditionalist. The Anderson has a little more nose rocker than the other two and is a meaningfully easier board, in terms of getting into our quick, hollow, short period beach break, than the other two. I’m wondering if the Corky and Gary models had that sort of significant design differences, and what they were.

A scan of the page you mention would be helpful, as not everyone has that book and referring to it without a pic doesn’t help much.
Generally speaking, the mid 60s longboards marketed for the EC were usually wider with less rocker. The specific models you speak of were made to the preferences of Carroll and Propper. Same as today, much of the advertising by board companies was marketing hype.
I’m going to guess that you mean this ad from 1967?

Hobie…
We are where we are, we owe in part to him…
He was always, way ahead in the game.
I’ll tell ya a few things,
I was of notice of both the boards (CC & GP), kind of like, what ’ya want, yeah?
Corky’s model was so, so nice, I mean look at the stringer set up.
Gary’s was a nice set up as well, I might add set up for “Slip Check”.
From what little I know…
Both models where tuned to E. W. conditions
Marketing of course.
Very nice boards, like so many makers at the time.
Shame
next day the “Mini Model”
Goose & Gary !!!
Legends…