Hitachi bearing replacements

Hey everyone, looking to change out the bearings in my p20 sb.

Covid/metabo takeover has meant getting a hold of official hitachi spare parts right now has been a nightmare so looking for alternative/replacement options.

I have found 6200vv and 6000vv which are the other bearings need for the p20sb easily enough but I can’t find anywhere that sells the 608vvm…

Will any rubber sealed 608 bearing do the job or do I need to find the exact one? Skateboard bearings are 608 - will these do and if so will Abec value play a factor?

Uk based so Foam EZ bearing pack not an option unfortunately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Hi Haar,
Not 100% sure on the VVM designation but it certainly looks like a standard 608 sealed bearing. Check the speed rating and make sure it is within the speed range. The ABEC rating relates to the level of precision, all bearings are made to a minimum of ABEC1 which would be fine for a planer. The higher the ABEC rating the less play hence being popular for skateboards. Looks like Amazon has the OEM version, they ship everywhere. Alternatively go to an engineering supplier and they should be able help and make sure there’s nothing unusual about that designation. Often manufacturers simply use a strange designation just to stop you buying a standard bearing! The main thing is make sure you fit them using correct technique and tools otherwise you’ll damage them before you’ve used them.
Cheers.

1 Like

There is a company here in France called “123 roulements” (“123 bearings”) and they carry pretty much everything ever made. I have found bearings for my Skils there.

1 Like