Hitachi planer P20 SB??

Hi, I had a hardware store order the Hitachi planer for me. It is going to cost me $119 which is better than the FoamEZ price. My question is… Is there more than one P20 SB out there? I know that the Hitachi planer on FoamEZ is modified especially for foam and I want to make sure that the one I’m getting is not a planer that has no modifications. I guess my question is, are all P20 SB Hitachi planers modified for foam. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks…

Hi, I had a hardware store order the Hitachi planer for me. It is going to > cost me $119 which is better than the FoamEZ price. My question is… Is > there more than one P20 SB out there? I know that the Hitachi planer on > FoamEZ is modified especially for foam and I want to make sure that the > one I’m getting is not a planer that has no modifications. I guess my > question is, are all P20 SB Hitachi planers modified for foam. Any help > would be greatly appreciated. Thanks… The stock Hitachi planer will not adjust like you want.You have to get the Clark Foam conversion, it costs about $200.00 for the sealed bearing model and is well worth it.Look under the Resources link for distributers.

The stock Hitachi planer will not adjust like you want.You have to get the > Clark Foam conversion, it costs about $200.00 for the sealed bearing model > and is well worth it.Look under the Resources link for distributers. So, I shouldn’t get it? If i’m not shaping alot of surfboards, I wouldn’t really need the one with the sealed bearings, would I? According to FoamEZ, the regular model is about $155 and the Pro model is about $186. Let me know. Thanks…

Ace is rippin you and it’s no good for foam http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000223K7/inktomi-toolasin-20/102-2188577-3721748

for non production the non pro model should be fine and last as long as you need it. and it’s only 136 here http://www.fiberglasssupply.com/Product_Catalog/ShapingTools/shapingtools.html

Ok cool. That helped alot. I canceled my order from the hardware store and will probably get it from this fiberglass co. thanx again… --NM

for non production the non pro model should be fine and last as long as > you need it. and it’s only 136 here Those are some great prices…I have a friend using the cheapie and he has thusfar gotten over fifty boards out of it (he blows it out with an air hose regularly).When it finally does go you can replace with sealed bearings.

Picked my P20SB up from Clark Foam Florida for $133… Not sure where you are at but I was close enough to pick up and not get hit with shipping to save a few bucks.>>> So, I shouldn’t get it? If i’m not shaping alot of surfboards, I wouldn’t > really need the one with the sealed bearings, would I? According to > FoamEZ, the regular model is about $155 and the Pro model is about $186. > Let me know. Thanks…