Hobie Positive Force I - fin placement

replacing a fin box in a Hobie Positive force.

Anyone have n original board and can tell me placement of fin box - or even better with pics?

Thanks.

Here it is set at 8" from tail

scanning the internet, the images appear to show the fin closer to the tail
BTW, what’s up with that board? A restoration project? Looks the way I feel some mornings.

Assuming that is the original box and fin, wouldn’t there be an existing hole where it came out? Hard to tell from your pics whether that is a Guidance rig, or not.
My opinion? Given that the board is in really bad shape already, I would not bother reinstalling a Guidance rig. The board has no collector value so there’s no point in trying to retain the original setup. I’d stick an FU box in it if all you’re looking to do is make it rideable again. Guidance was just about the worst fin system ever invented. I know, I had one in a Weber.
Whichever box you use, I would not place it more than three inches from the tail.

yeah, trying to get it back in the water with a FU box.

Familiar with Guidance and agree - would not bother with it anyway,

3 inches feels pretty close to tail - did you mean the base of the box or fin tip? I had an extra Larry Allison Flex 9" which is probably an inch too big but was going to try it anyway.

I wrote:
“Whichever box you use, I would not place it more than three inches from the tail.”

Looks about right to me for that board.i would set box up about 6 inches from tail…