Home Garage Ding Repair Safety

Hey guys,
Over the last few months I’ve started flipping boards on Craigslist, and with it comes doing ding repair. I bought a respirator (organic vapor and sanding filters), wear gloves with resin, safety glasses, rinse off in shower after doing a lot of sanding. I think I’m doing ok there. I started doing everything in my garage including sanding, but realized I got a lot of dust in the place when doing so. Now I am sanding on my driveway, 10ft away from my garage, but I’m still getting some dust settling on other things in my garage. Certainly less, but I guess depending on how the wind blowing it is still blowing some of it into the open door. That doesn’t seem good to me from a safety standpoint, if I’m in the garage moving things around or grabbing other gear I have in there, I could potentially be stirring up more particles without a respirator on. It’s not like it’s a thick layer, so maybe I’m being OCD about it, but I’d rather be safe than sorry. I’m thinking of buying a fan to start blowing out of the garage while I’m working to help prevent this. Am I right that this is a safety concern I should have? I’m pretty new to this so trying to do things right. Any other tips or precautions you want to pass along, or links to any great safety threads is much appreciated. Sanding further away from my garage isn’t really an option (townhouse). Thanks

It sounds like you need to contain the sanding dust instead of sowing it to the wind.

This thread is still on the front page as of 10/23/2017.

https://www.swaylocks.com/forums/random-orbital-sanderpolisher

This might be obvious, but CLOSE the garage door when working outside, thus nothing will blow back in. Blow off boards outside, then bring back into dust free or still air garage.

If the OP is this worried about dust, ding repair might not be for him. Should probably be more worried about pissing off his townhouse neighbors. They are more likely to kill him than the dust itself.