Hotcoat Issues

I just glassed my first board and had a bunch of issues with the hotcoat. I used 6 oz s-glass over eps and Resin Research epoxy. The lam looked really good but when I hotcoated the resin separated and wouldn’t flow into a bunch of different spots. I had a ton of pinholes when I did the bottom so I mixed up a little extra resin for the top (9oz) thinking it would let it flow out better but the top came out even worse. Anyone know what would cause this? Maybe the lam was too dry? I used 14 oz of resin for the lam and I didn’t have too much hitting the floor.

Anyone have any tips for fixing it? I was gonna sand it down and do another hotcoat and hope for the bare spots to fill in.

. Perhaps your lamination got contaminated. After laminating, did you touch the lam with dirty/greasy hands?

Nope I was really careful not to touch the board with bare hands and when I flipped it I had gloves on.

Contaminated AF.

heres what you need to do. after you sand before you re hot coat.

mix up 2-3oz total of resin, apply to board with squeegee. the goal here is just to make sure that some epoxy touches every part of the surface not to make a thick coat. you can scrape most of it off with squeegee once you have spread it all out. Now wait until the epoxy is just barely tacky. Did one last night in 85 degrees and this took about 30-45 mins. When you epoxy is still just a little tacky apply your hotcoat.
I like to heat resin for about 10 secs in microwave and add proper amount of additive f when i do the hot coat. It will lay out nice and you wont have fisheyes.