Hotwire CNC Cutting/Shaping Service?

Anybody know of a Hotwire Cutting/Shaping Service who could make quality 3-piece, EPS custom slab blanks for me?
I am considering a 3-piece blank kit for hand-shaping Surfcraft with Coanda Channels.

US Patent No. 11,649,013

It looks like greenlight does CNC hot wire cutting now based on aku shaper files. It looks like the blanks are shipped in 3 pieces and you glue them. I bet they could set you up with something.

1 Like

Why not just hotwire these your self? It’s quite simple and low cost to set up.

The time needed to create the cnc file, then mfg time and shipping time & cost, it would probably make more sense if you were doing high volume.

shapersupply.com

I usually have my personal Coanda Channel prototype boards CNC shaped (router style cutter). Recently I found a young man in Idaho who does precision work.

My interest in finding somebody who can do CNC hotwire work is for the possibility of creating a 3-piece blank kit to sell retail (maybe even licensing), so those who handshape can try making/riding Coanda Channel Surfcraft.

A 3-piece blank offers an opportunity for hand shaping a Surfcraft with a precision Coanda Channel. If the final kit-blank is a rectangular slab, with channel only, the builder can give the surfcraft any shape they like, as long as there is no tail rocker.
The blank could possibly have a generic nose rocker as well.

Maybe he can hotwire the blank for you as well. Where are you located? Prob to try to find someone locally is what I recommend. Are you familiar with how much it costs to ship surfboard blanks? for example a box of 3x 6’8 blanks just across a couple states will usually cost more than the blanks themselves.

My Idaho guy does not do CNC hotwire.
Landlocked in KY, BB/Paipos became a less expensive way to test build tech methods. Opened up new build and design tech for me.
Adapting for SB builds now.
Well aware of SB blank shipping costs.
As long as I build Surfcraft less than or equal to 4” x 24” X 48”, I can get free shipping for a variety of foam types. For protyping, I just order and have the foam shipped to the ID CNC guy.
Was hoping I could find a SB/CNC business I could possibly create a slab blank kit with and sell kits retail through them (add a royalty for me).