How Are People hotcoating Outside!?!?!?!

Has anyone else been seeing these guys online using epoxy outdoors. Lams are coming out fine, and the hot-coats look way to good to be true. I could understand the lams being done and coming out ok. BUt with RR epoxy even when I had a controlled room dust would get in. Does anyone know how they are pulling this off, my guess is it has to be poly. That being said if not, epoxy outdoors would solve all my space issues. Looks to good to be true to me, I am ready to outsource my glassing currently, lack of space.

Ever heard of a 10 foot paint job?

for starters direct sunlight is a killer for epoxy hot coats

Step 1: take all your stuff outside
Step 2: hotcoat the board
Step 3: drink beer

Am I missing a step?

I once did a hot coat then put the board in direct sunlight. It ended up covered with tiny bubbles and you can’t see through the resin. Looks like I shook the resin until it got frothy, but it was only after I put the board out in the sun that the bubbles started forming. Never did it again.
I can’t remember what resin we used, but it was not a polyurethane. Not sure if it was fiberglass hawaii epoxy, system 3, or resin-x. We did several boards that day and experimented with those resins. Had to put a board outside while we worked on another board. It was also hot that day, like close to or above 90F.
I used to do all my work in an open space under my house. It was covered, but any breeze could blow contaminants around. Did that for almost a decade. You get what you get when you don’t have a good shaping room or glassing room. Can’t tell you how many times I bumped something and dust fell onto my board. I even dropped a board once and I have dirt floors. I called that one my “dirty white board” after listening the Foreigner song “dirty white boy”.

Its the Internet… you can be who ever you want to be…
Slay Dragons in your tighy whiteys … Glass epoxy in a wind storm.

love it,
then we take pictures of the insects that are forever fossilised in the coat before sanding.

Yes you did. Step 1 drink a beer. step 2 take stuff outside. 3 open a beer, hot coat. step 4 open a beer. Hotcoating is the absolute easiest step. Until you have to sand it. mike

Yea, in my experience without absolute stillness fish eyes grow everywhere. Just think its hilarious DIY Instagram pages, appearance vs reality I guess.