How do I remove air bubbles under logo?

This is my first glassing job. I got some small air bubbles under the rice paper of my logo (see pic). I put resin down, rice paper over it, then laminated with fiberglass cloth. I didn’t realize that I didn’t get the air bubbles out till it was too late. Should I just leave it as is or will that create problems? it isn’t raised at all and is still smooth. I was thinking of poking a small hole with a pin or razor blade and then trying to push some resin in there but I don’t want to ruin my logo. My lamination has fully dried so I don’t know if this is an option anymore. Any ideas or insight would be great! Thanks!

Tanner

You can attempt to pop them but I don’t believe you will be able to get resin in to fill the gap. They will most likely show just like they do now. If they are not raised you should probably just leave them. The “Extreme” cure is to take a sander to them and grind them off. Of course you will damage the lam by doing this. Once the air bubbles are ground off: lay another Lam/Logo down over what’s left of the first one. Position the new lam/logo exactly on top of the first one. Then top it off with a football sized patch of 4 oz. This is what’s done in glass shops when the lam is bubbled or damaged by sanding.

“Leave it like it is,
Never mind the turpentine.
Just leave it like it is…it’s fine”-David Wilcox

if the area with the bubble already has some resin, adding more won’t help much as the additional resin won’t be able to saturate that part. I’d leave it alone. if this is the biggest flaw in the board, I’d say you did pretty damn good for a first attempt at glassing.

With a very small drill, make a hole into each end of each bubble, inject resin into one end forcing the air out the other hole. UV resin is probably the best bet. I’ve done this before, as have other major high profile builders. A 5cc syringe, with a 20ga needle, is a common tool in many glassing shops.

what about using superglue for this? as it flows real easily