How does a McCoy Nugget work ?

Can someone explain how th4e McCoy Nugget board works compared to a conventional thruster. I was looking closely at one at the bottom shape has what i would naively describe as belly to slight roll to vee out through the fins. what the ?

my nugget is pretty flat throughout with vee in the nose and tail it takes a lot to get the speed up but it is one of the most manoueverable boards i have surfed!!

Compared to a conventional thruster its slower but very forgiving. More suited to a carving type of style on better waves.

I just got six of them in for resale as I am setting up a shop and web pretty much around Mccoys and Coda. The new boards Geoff is creating to compete against the modern shortboard are slightly different. All Mccoys ride unreal as the guy has been hands on for world class shapers for 40 years. The new batch starts at 5’2’’ and goes to 6’10’‘. These things blaze and the hollower the wave the better for Mccoys. He still does modified Neo Zaps as well if you must have the pointy nose. I love all three of mine, but especially my 7’2’'. Mccoy calls the belly you describe a loaded dome and there is a little more to it than Belly. You should E Geoff and ask him. Mccoysurfboards.com

Of course I meant world class surfers. The list is very long and very impressive.

What about Greg greg pautsch? ?Is he shaping McCoys still?

Greg is a friend and still does Mccoys. He is one of the best and most underated shapers in the world and was Mccoys pupil for a few years. A great guy a great shaper and a true gentleman. He takes about 5 months to get boards though sometimes, because he has another business. There are so many really good shapes out there and they all do their own thing. It’s shame there are no new ones to take their place when they are gone. The new shapers did not have to learn the same way. Carving a beautiful board out of a glob of foam. Just like pointy nose boards in the late seventies became todays surfboard (Mccoy)I think the nugget or boards like them will become the future as the pro tour becomes more of a joke everyday and we have guys like Joel, just going surfing. Common sense boards for your average Joe surf instead of twiggs for your ego into middle age. Like the Adam Ant song; That musics lost it’s taste so try another flavor. Nugget.

Atom, I rode McCoys in the early 80’s,they were great. Do you have Greg’s phone # or email address?

mike, 949-361-1264 GP, He does not do nuggets though, that it strictly a Geoff Mccoy thing.

I want an 7 6 nugget or and 8 4 pref futures. If you are still around. So cal.
Eecarungcong@gmail.com