How long did it take you to shape first board?

I was wondering how long it took everyone to shape their first board. I know that most take their time with it and that it shouldn’t be rushed. Just wondering so I can have an idea of how long it takes… Thanks…

9’0" longboard It took me about 8 hours. The total time included setting all the equipment in the backyard. Plenty of breaks. The first time process takes a long time. I would give yourself, 6 hours of basic shaping(better tools will cut the time down, but also increase the chance for problems; big cuts). Then the next day finish the board so that you have fresh eye for the details. Don’t try to do it all in one day. Take small cuts! The opinions on time are going to vary greatly. Enjoy the process.>>> I was wondering how long it took everyone to shape their first board. I > know that most take their time with it and that it shouldn’t be rushed. > Just wondering so I can have an idea of how long it takes… Thanks… http://www.viser.net/~anthwind/

took about a day. fine sanded it the next. its fairly easy really. glassing is the hard part. huw

I was wondering how long it took everyone to shape their first board. I > know that most take their time with it and that it shouldn’t be rushed. > Just wondering so I can have an idea of how long it takes… Thanks… It took about 8 hours…I’m on board 23 now and it still takes about 6 hours. I’m not in a hurry, I really enjoy the process. It’s not about how long but about how well. Take your time, measure twice, cut once. Enjoy and learn.

It took about 8 hours…I’m on board 23 now and it still takes about 6 > hours. I’m not in a hurry, I really enjoy the process. It’s not about how > long but about how well. Take your time, measure twice, cut once. Enjoy > and learn. Took about a week, but most of that time was spent gluing-up the blank. First Clark blank, about 8 hours.

4-5 hours, I was sketchin to get the thing glassed and in the water, I think I started it on a Friday afternoon, and was surfing it Sunday [smile] I still love that board

4-5 hours, I was sketchin to get the thing glassed and in the water, I > think I started it on a Friday afternoon, and was surfing it Sunday [smile] I > still love that board This doesn’t apply to my first board but it’s kinda funny. I used to be a full on production shaper in the early seventies and could crank out em out fast and good.I laid off for twenty years and decided to take it up again.I got a 10’1 blank and blew it,I reshaped it to a 9’6 and still blew it,I then reshaped it into a 9 footer and it was finally semi O.K. Total time about four days including all of the cussing.The point being is it doesn’t matter…just have fun.